I'm the mom behind Loving Littles Blog. I currently reside in British Columbia with my two littles and spouse. My son, Owen, is 7 years old and my daughter, Ella, is 8 months. I've started writing as a way to connect with other moms out there. I write a little bit about everything, from mom life, littles, DIY to my favourite things. Mostly, its been a great way to journal the everyday life of a new mom to two kids. Enjoy!
Word on the street in my home is that “Dad is cool. He’s way cool. Like, so much cooler than you, mom!"
Wait. What!? Yup, Owen has been echoing our home with this comment and I’ve got to say, it kind of stings a little. I’m sure you’ve heard it, but if not, it's inevitably coming. Of course daddy is more fun. We moms have to do all the dirty work. "Brush your teeth," "go to bed," "do this," and "do that!"
Well, I’m cool too! Or, I suppose I used to be. Since hearing this I’ve been trying my hardest to get my cool back.
10 ways to be a Cool Mom!
- Do things with your littles. Follow their lead and play how they play. If that means spending 30 minutes building a home on Minecraft and escaping creepers, do it!
- Relax and let all your worries and stress go out the window. Just breathe and have fun!
- Be yourself. Be your crazy, cool self! Don’t worry about what you're wearing or how you look. Kids don’t judge, they just want to be loved.
- Dance and sing. Break out the tunes and start a dance party in the kitchen. Play all sorts of music and dance like nobody’s watching, except your babies.
- Be spontaneous. Completely destroy your living room and build an awesome fort!
- Say yes. One night just let them stay up a little bit past bedtime. Just say yes to those things you normally would say no to.
- Laugh as much as you can and as loud as you can.
- Stop multitasking. Stop trying to do a thousand little things all at once and put everything down. All that stuff will still be there when you're finished.
- Break the rules. Candy before bed? Sure. But just this once!
- Just love them. Love them with your whole heart and tell them every minute of the day.